The Open Toe Pattern

Homepage–22Y Forums OESH Create Forum The Open Toe Pattern

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster
    Maggie
    Keymaster

Here are some examples of the Open Toe pattern that we made at the OESH factory while developing the pattern!
    Open Toe example
    Open Toe OESH Create
    Open Toe green

Olivia
    Keymaster

You may notice the Open Toe pattern is the one pattern not as straightforward regarding the circled versus square holes. Let me try to clarify– you will start stitching your fabric to the OESH Create Sole at the inside middle circled hole. Once you reach 2 holes below the next circled hole you will complete that stitch and then continue stitching just the OESH Create Sole. Once you reach the next circled hole, you will pick the fabric up again 2 holes down and continue stitching to the next hole, where you will finish the fabric but continue stitching just the sole until you are back to where you started the stitching. Pausing the fabric allows for the open toe sandal effect, while stitching all around the sole gives extra security and streamline design.

For further explanation, follow along to our full video tutorial on Youtube or refer to the written instructions, all of which is posted to the Create Home Page.

Patty

Greetings!

Does hook size matter?
    I would like to crochet stitch finish the open toe sandal. I have a 1.5 mm bates hook from grandmothers sewing box (at least 75-80 years vintage!) Will that size work? So many different types and sizes per internet!
    Thanks, Patty

Olivia
    Keymaster

Hello! In the OESH factory we typically favor a 2.75mm hook when attaching the fabric pattern to the sole with waxed thread. This is totally a preference decision, as long as the hook can fit through the tunnels on the OESH sole then the hook is fine to use! On the other hand, if you are going to crochet the entire shoe we suggest at least a 3.75mm hook.

Olivia
    Keymaster

OESHer, Patty sent in her new open toe sandals made all by her, with the OESH Create Sole!

Olivia
    Keymaster

From Patty:

I had so much fun making the open toe sandals!  I own a pair of Townies which I love too. Thank you Oesh! The pattern and instructions were fairly easy to follow. I found a denim vest that a friend had given me about 15 years ago. Love the vest, but never wore it . It had an interesting ribbing pattern/texture  which I thought would create an  interesting look. For the lining I used a black dress shirt my husband was giving away.

After turning the sewed fabric inside out, I hand stiched the open bottom two inches with invisible nylon thread as I don’t know how to operate the blind stitch function on the sewing machine. I love the look of the crochet stitch for shoe perimeter. Never crocheted a waking moment of my life. Had to watch the tutorial numerous times until I finally got it!

The hard part was pre-poking holes in the faberic to get the thread and the hook through. I poked and twisted using a seam ripper, but there must be a better way! I chose the light grey thread cord because I thought it would compliment the denim and because it is easy to see. Very fun, rewarding experience. The Oesh soles are so well engineered and comfy!  I was contemplating adding bling but decided  they look awesome as is .

Hope this is helpful to someone…..
    Patty

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.